Our Certificate Program is available for those of you who have the desire to learn Dave’s 35 Step Equine Guided Horsemanship Program. The Program consists of three Levels, the Steps in those Levels, and the Lessons within each step. The Levels and Steps of the Program are as follows:
Journey Level 1:
1. The Concept of Gaining Control of the Horses Mind, Body, Legs, and Feet
2. Becoming an Effective Dance Partner on the Ground and in the Saddle (Developing an Independent Seat)
3. Beginning Groundwork to Establish Leadership and Obtain Basic Shapes
4. Direct Rein Pressure (Position 3) for Lateral Movement of the Hind Legs on the Ground, (Disengage Hindquarters).
5. Direct Rein Pressure (Position 2) for Movement of all Four Feet Backward, (6 O’clock), on the Ground.
6. Indirect Rein Pressure (Position 1) for Lateral Movement of Front Feet on the Ground. (Move Shoulders)
7. Direct Rein Pressure (Position 1) for Lateral Movement of Front Feet on the Ground. (Move Shoulders)
8. Controlling the Movement of all Four Feet Moving Forward (12 O’clock) in the Saddle
9. Direct Rein Pressure (Position 3) for Lateral Movement of the Hind Legs in the Saddle, (Disengage Hindquarters).
10. Direct Rein Pressure (Position 2) for Movement of all Four Feet Backward, (6 O’clock), in the Saddle. (Back Up)
12. Rein and Seat Pressure to Stop Movement of All Four Feet (Stop).
13. Indirect Rein Pressure (Position 1) for Lateral Movement of Front Feet in the Saddle, (Move Shoulders).
14. Driving the Hind Feet Forward (12 OClock) and Under the Horse’s Body, (Vertical Flexion and Collection).
15. Direct Rein Pressure (Position 1) for Lateral Movement of Front Feet in the Saddle, (Move Shoulders).
Journey Level 2 :
16. Seat and Leg Pressure for Lateral Movement of the Hind Feet
17. Adding Seat and Leg Pressure for Lateral Movement of Front Feet
18. Seat and Leg Pressure for Lateral Movement of Front and Hind Feet (Side Pass)
19. Beginning Leads
20. Perfecting Leads
21. Flying Lead Changes
22. Riding a Straight Line
23. Gait Control, Frame and Transitions
24. Bending Exercise-Shoulder In
25. Bending Exercise-Counter Shoulder In
26. Bending Exercise-Haunches-In
27. Bending Exercise-Haunches-Out
28. Bending Exercise-Half Pass
29. Turn on the Forehand
30. Turn on the Haunches
31. Bending, Turning and Circles
Journey Level 3:
32. Riding One Handed-Your at a Fork in the Road
33. Neck Reining and Leverage Bits
34. Vaquero Method Utilizing the Bosal and Two Rein
35. Modified Vaquero Method Utilizing Bit Transitions
The Certificate of Completion Journey Program is a structured educational program that teaches the 35 steps in the following format.
1. Personal instruction via Private Lesson with Dave
2. Students are required to subscribe to our On-Line Horsemanship Training Video Site
3. Students are provided a personal notebook that includes the narrative for each step and lesson
4. Prior to each lesson student is required to read assigned narrative and view assigned on-line videos
5. Once the lessons within each step are mastered, the student is videoed performing the lesson to build their personal training library. Personal training videos can be accessed on our website or via our You Tube site.
Certificates of Completion are awarded for successful completion of:
Level 1-Steps 1 through 15
Level 2-Steps 16 through 31
Level 3-Steps 32 through 35
The Equine Guided Horsemanship Program-35 Steps to Success
1. Students agree to sign our Liability Waiver
2. Students agree to sign our Photography and Video Release
3. Students agree to subscribe to our On-Line Horsemanship Video Site
1. $45 per hour for Private Lessons and Video Taping Sessions
2. $20 per month for On-Line Horsemanship Subscription
3. Group Clinics and Journey Member Gatherings are available at an additional cost
For additional information or to get started on this program, please call or text Dave at 602-405-1652